- Crushed tomatoes - Two 28 ounce cans of S&W Crushed
Tomatoes in a Thick Rich Puree
(Canned tomatoes are best as fresh will cause
salsa to spoil quickly).
- Fresh Cilantro - One bunch (about two cups, loosely
- Fresh Serrano Peppers - Medium size (4 = Mild, 6 =
Medium, 8 = Hot)
- Fresh Garlic - 10 small cloves.
- Course Ground Black Pepper - Two tablespoons.
- Table Salt - One tablespoon.
Chop fresh ingredients in a small food processor. Add
to crushed tomatoes in a large bowl then mix in with salt and pepper. (alt: chop
fresh ingredients by hand and and mix with tomatoes, salt/pepper in a blender to
Stir in the following ingredients to the above mixture:
- Green Chilies - Two 4 ounce cans Ortega diced green
- Fresh green onions - One bunch, coarsely chopped.
- White onion - One medium sized, coarsely chopped.
Serve with chips & very cold Mexican beer (or a